The responsibilities of the Audit Committee include:
- engaging the independent auditors;
- reviewing interim financial information;
- reviewing the scope and results of the annual audit of our consolidated financial statements with the independent auditors, internal auditors and management;
- reviewing the independence of the independent auditors;
- reviewing actions by management on the independent and internal auditors’ recommendations; and
- meeting with management, the internal auditors and the independent auditors to review the effectiveness of our system of internal controls and internal audit procedures.
To promote the independence of the audit, the Audit Committee consults separately and jointly with the independent auditors, the internal auditors and management. The Board has adopted a charter for the Audit Committee, click here to download a PDF version of the charter.